Ali - the Manifesting Imam
The UNDP has quoted the following sayings of Imam Ali (peace be upon him) in its 2002 Arab Human Development Report:
1. He who has appointed himself a ruler ove rthe people must begin by teaching himself before teaching others. His teaching of others must be first by setting an example rather than with his words, for he who begins by teaching and educating himself is more worthy of respect than he who teaches and educates others.
2. Your concern with developing the land should be greater than your concern for colleting taxes, for the latter can only be obtained by developiing; whereas he who seeks revenue without development destroys the country and the people.
3. Seek the company of the learned and the wise in search of solving the problems of your country and the righteousness of your people.
4. Nog good can come in keeping silent as to government or speaking out of ignorance.
5. The righteous are men of virtue whose logic is straight forward, whose dress is unostentatious, whose path is modest, whose actions are many and who are undeterred by difficulties.
6. Choose the best among your people to administer justice among them. Choose someone who does not easily give up, who is unruffled by enmities, someone who will not persist in wrong doings, who will not hesitate to pursue right once he knows it, someone whose heart knows no greed, who will not be satisfied with a minimum of explanation without seeking the maximum of understanding, who will be most steadfast when doubt is cast, who will be the least impatient in correcting the opponent, the most patient in pursuing the truth, the most stern in meting out judgement, someone who is unaffected by flattery and swayed by temptation and those are but few.
Author: Syed Ahmad Irshad Tirmazi
544 pages, hard bound
Der er endnu ikke nogen anmeldelser her. Vi vil være glade for hvis du vil anmelde som den første.